Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Need to Breathe


"Just past the circumstance, the first light a second chance
No child could ever dance the way you do
Tear down the prison walls, don't stop the curtain calls
Your chains will never fall until you do

'Cus if you never leave home, never let go
You'll never make it to the great unknown
Till you keep your eyes open my love"  - Keep your Eyes Open by Need to Breathe


We as a human race want to avoid pain and suffering. We want to be happy, safe, and secure. The other day my husband asked me "When is it going to get easier for us?"  My question back was "What if it never does?" For most people, their life being "easy" would equal them being "happy". The 2 go hand in hand according to every model of the convenient life filled with the perfect job, spouse, comfy home, etc. But that is a rarity. 

I heard a quote that I testify is true. "Happiness depends on what happens to you". 
Thats why I believe it is better to have Peace and Joy, than happiness.
For me, my peace and joy have truly come from Jesus. It came out of circumstances that were filled with pain and suffering. But I chose to still have God's peace, and joy, even in the midst of those situations. I've learned in my life, its not what happens to you, its how you react to it.

If my life never got "easier", if I never made $60,000 a year, if I never had my dream house, if I never go back to college and graduate, guess what? I'll still have peace. A peace that surpasses all understanding. Does that mean I settle for being mediocre? Of course not! Quite the opposite actually. My audience is God. Sounds strange coming from someone who is the business of "performing" for audiences. But I've learned that He is truly the only one that matters. When I stand before Him one day, I want Him to say "Well done". So until then, I will stop praying for things to get easier, I will only pray that I can recognize His hand in all my circumstances, and to keep my eyes open in every moment. 

Experience every thing and circumstance that come your way. Be inspired, encouraged and motivated to keep your eyes open, even when everything in you tells you to close them. Know that God sees you, and He's not finihsed with you yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment